There are some funny things I've noticed about Richmond...so I thought I'd share them with you. The list isn't long...just weird!
1) There are no streetlights in Richmond! I'm serious. Especially in neighborhood areas it is so stinking dark! And with no streetlights it makes it really hard to find your way around...you can't see street names until you are right up on them...and if there's another car coming the other way with their lights on...forget about it! Anyway...its just weird.
2) There are no malls in Richmond. HA! Well ok...there are...but they aren't called "malls." For example there is Short Pump Town Center, Stoney Point Fashion Park, Regency Square, Virginia Center Commons, and Chesterfield Town Center. See...not like back home...Lynnhaven MALL, Greenbrier MALL, MacArthur MALL...etc. I guess they think it sounds more sophisticated or something..I don't know.
3) Pretty much every main street in Richmond intersect with each other at some point! Its crazy...but kinda nice too...seems like it would be really hard to get super lost here. I mean...your on some random road, no clue were you are, and all of a sudden, you hit Patterson(or Midlothian Tpke, or Broad Street, or Parham, or Three Chopt, or Hugeunot) and your home free! Its sweet! I like to go exploring and find new ways to get places... :)
So, I think that's all the really funny things...I know you enjoyed that. If I think of more...I'll add on! Have a great weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
No streetlights here either. Very weird. I feel like I'm gonna be mugged in my own neighborhood. Not really, but I couldn't see a mugger if they tried. Obviously, if I could see them, I would fight them off.
Post a Comment