Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tree...

We put up our first Christmas tree a week or so ago! It's beautiful...and it smells so nice! We had a lot of fun picking it out...after a trek to Home Depot, Walmart, and finally Lowes...we had success! The perfect tree!

Here are some of my favorite ornaments. My absolute favorite one, I don't have a picture of because my camera wouldn't focus on it...so they turned out blurry. Oh well....





And last but not least...our tree topper! Oh no, at the Hewitt household its not going to be your traditional star...oh no...its......
ME!!!!

There's a little story behind this "ornament." All of my siblings growing up, had these cute little picture ornaments of themselves that they had made at various places....sunday school, brownies...etc. I on the other hand...never had one. Nope. Not me...no baby book...no picture ornament. So one year, Mom, probably tired of hearing me whine about it...made me this one! Isn't it cute! From then on it was a competition to see who could get there ornament on the front of the tree! Well this year...mines on the top! And I didn't even put it there...Bobby did! I win!

So that's the story, and that's our tree. Lovely isn't it?

4 comments:

empy said...

Merry Christmas! :-) I LOVE your tree. We have a fake one - it's beautiful but lacks the scent. So we have other Christmas-scented things. ;) A snow storm has just started here...fun fun!

abbey said...

It's beautiful Bek!! Love it. The ornament is super cute :)

Teresa said...

Haha classic guys, classic! Bek, loving the tree topper and Bobby's little rocking horse! sniff sniff so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty tree! Merry Christmas!