Thursday, February 19, 2009

Goals...

I have recently(meaning about an hour ago), come up with some goals for myself.

Goal #1 ~ With Lent approaching, I decided I would take the plunge and give up something for Lent. So here goes...starting next Wednesday I will be giving up sweets for the entirety of Lent. AHHH! A friend of mine at work is doing the same thing, so we will be helping one another out on this one. I'm glad that I am not going this alone...cuz if I was, I know I would cheat. But, having someone asking me and doing it with me makes me more confident in my self-control...cuz who wants to have to tell that they cheated? I mean, seriously.

Goal #2 ~ I am also setting a goal to exercise at least 4 times a week, if not more. I'm thinking 2 days for cardio and 2 days for my Pilates. The nice thing about this goal is that I love to do Pilates. It's fun, relaxing, and I can feel it working instantly. The hard thing is the cardio. I hate running. I hate exercising in a smelly workout room on a treadmill. What I like to do is walk...a fast walk of course, but I would much rather walk outside than on a treadmill. So, I am determined that even if I can't walk outside due to inclement weather, I will go to that smelly workout room and get on that treadmill. Eek!

Goal #3 ~ Normally at dinnertime, Bobby and I sit in front of the tv and watch part of a movie or a MacGyver or something. We NEVER use our kitchen table. Well, my third goal is to at least 2 times a week sit at our table and eat a normal meal with NO TV. I actually made this goal a few weeks ago and we ate at the table once. So, I'm for real this time. Bobby and I both agreed that this would be a good idea, to help us to grow in our communication with one another, and to just enjoy spending time together talking. So, I am excited about this one...

Also, I could use your prayers. I just realized last week that I need to have our apartment packed up and moved out in 2 1/2 months. EEK! I have done absolutely nothing to get this started. So, my tendency is to become super stressed out and anxious that I'm not going to get this done...so please, PLEASE pray that I would put my trust in God and that I would not give in to the anxiety and stress. Please also pray that this moving process would be smooth and easy. Thanks!

Oh, and one more thing. Sorry, I know this is kinda lengthy, but if anyone has any simple, HEALTHY recipes for dinners that they would care to pass on, I would greatly appreciate it! If you could email them to me that would be great! My email is: bekahanne2003@yahoo.com

Thanks!

3 comments:

Callie said...

Way to go with the goals! I don't know if I could give up sweets...you're a stronger woman than I. I just started working out again, so I will be right there with ya. Although, I like the gym, so...i'll try to come up with reasons for you to like it. And finally, I'm about to post a recipe on my bloggy, so check it out! it's super good. love ya friend.

Michelle said...

Sounds like some good goals to me!

So, moving... does that mean you'll be back in the area in less than 3 months?

Recipes.... I just put a link on my blog to a search engine of wonderfully healthy recipes. I've been loving it so far!

Hugs!

Mindy said...

Great goals...I have some that are the same! Yikes, I'll be praying for your preparation to move. I had trouble finding motivation, so I invited a friend over to help. That way I couldn't get out of it! ;-)