This past weekend was pretty rough. I was extremely emotional all weekend and kept breaking down over different things that happened! My husband was so amazing though. He would just hold me and comfort me and speak truth to me. I have the most amazing husband.
Sunday, I was making guacamole for a Super Bowl thing we were going to. All week and I had been excited about going...getting to meet some new couples hopefully and to hang with the ones I already know. Well, over guacamole...I broke down...again. Suddenly the idea of meeting new people and having to talk to them overwhelmed me. I was sobbing...I just didn't want to go. I didn't want to go where I don't really know people, I wanted my friends, I wanted my family...I wanted what I wanted and I wanted it now! I was a complete mess! And then my dear husband held me...and he told me, very lovingly that I was "wallowing in pity." Wow. That really hit me...wallowing in pity...self-pity to be more exact. And amazingly for me...I realized that he was right. I didn't get angry at him...I just asked..."Do you really think I'm wallowing in pity?" He said yes...and I knew that I was. I was so thankful that he had brought this to my attention. It was exactly the "tough love" that I needed. I was able to repent and realize that God has given me this opportunity to meet people, and I needed to take it.
Well...we ended up going...and having a fabulous time! It ended up being a very small group of people...most of whom I already knew! God is faithful even when I am faithless. I am so thankful to God for revealing my sin to me and for my amazing husband showing me my sin and loving and comforting me the whole time.
So, if you would be praying for me...that I wouldn't fall into "wallowing in pity" anymore. I realized that its something I tend to do often...especially when I really start to miss home. I want to be a woman of joy and thankfulness...who trusts in God and rests in his grace and peace! Lord, may I walk in the way that you have for me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hey Bek. I will definitely be praying for you :) If you look at my blog today, I wrote a little something about joy and delighting in the Lord. Mostly it was pointing folks to Randy Alcorn's blog. Maybe it'll encourage you today. I know it did me :)
Love ya!
I have been there, friend. I wallow almost weekly. Seriously, Tim sets his watch by it. God is kind to give us husbands who can speak truth even when we don't want to hear it. I will be praying for you...Remember to rest in His grace! It's there for you!!
Thanks for sharing Bek. I'll be praying that there will be no more social anxiety or wallowing. xo
ill be prayin for ya friend!
love you.. muah
Post a Comment