Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Remember...

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.  They collapse and fall, but we rise and stand upright." ~ Psalm 20:7-8

"I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to you among the nations.  For your steadfast love is great above the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the clouds." ~ Psalm 108:3-4

"Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever.  As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people, from this time forth and forever more." ~ Psalm 125:1-2

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart; I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33

With all thats going on in our world today, with the election of a new president, the economic crisis, the war in Iraq...and the many other things facing our country as a whole and us individually, I have to remind myself of what is true and of who is really in charge.  I hope these Scriptures bring encouragement to you as they did to me.  Let's remind one another that God reigns on His throne, that earthly kingdoms pass away, but that God's kingdom is ETERNAL, and to pray for our new leader and our country.

No comments: