Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankfulness...

With Thanksgiving just a few days away, I thought I'd share what I have been most grateful for recently. I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for God's sovereignty and care for us. For His love and protection, and for the promise that He works all things together for our good and, more importantly, for His glory!

Last Wednesday, Bobby was in a car accident. A woman ran a red light and hit him on the back right(passenger) side of the car sending Bobby spinning(yes, spinning). Thankfully, there were no other cars on the road and he was not hurt at all! No cuts, bruises, or even whiplash! Seriously, he hasn't even been sore from the accident. God is so good! While Bobby fared amazingly, the good Old '92 didn't fare quite as well. Yes folks, Bobby's faithful '92 Camry, that has survived many a trip to and from Charlottesville and Richmond, is considered "totaled." ::sniff:: ::sniff:: Basically what that means is that the repairs to fix the car would be more expensive than what the car is worth(what? that baby's in its prime!). Here's a look at the damage...

Notice the trunk is not shut...that's because it will not shut!

So basically the entire back of the car has been shifted to the left...



This is looking inside the trunk...

And here is my love, looking rather forlorn...

And here's a list of why this makes me so thankful:
-Bobby is safe and healthy, no injuries
-The woman's insurance is taking care of everything
-that God is in control
-that Bobby is ok
-that we have a sweet rental car for at least a couple more days if not longer that we did not have to pay for
-it gives me a wonderful opportunity to trust in God
-and that Bobby is ok...did I mention that already?

God has been so good to me and I am so thankful! Please keep us in your prayers as we continue to get all this car stuff figured out. Pray that we would have wisdom as to what should be done about the old car and whether or not to get a new car. That we would be grateful and at peace with everything that this entails. And that God would be glorified through us!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Glad Bobby's ok. Accidents are not fun---Ty just had a minor one a few weeks ago. I'm glad God is watching out for our boys!

Unknown said...

bowstaff skills... egg flipping skills.... joke telling skills... act a fool actin skills... thanks for the props my friend