Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Callie!

My dear friend Callie celebrated her 22nd birthday on Saturday. YAY! This post is for her. Even though Callie lives in Dallas and I live in Richmond, our friendship is still VERY strong! It's funny...years ago, when we were still little...I don't remember how old exactly...Callie and her family moved to Denver on a church plant. Although Callie and I had been friends before she moved, it wasn't really until after she moved that our friendship really deepened. God was so faithful to us to keep our friendship alive and growing even when we were miles apart! I have long thought of Callie as one of my best friends...when we are together...we laugh...we cry...we do stupid things...we laugh...we talk...we camp out in her backyard...we laugh...we eat watermelon...we get laughed at...and we laugh some more! I am so blessed to have a wonderful friend like Callie! Callie and I have many wonderful memories together...I'll name just a few...dalmatian undies, eating an entire watermelon ourselves at the Bensons, getting lost going to Celestial Seasonings, our tree friends, camping out in your backyard, Baby Shnooks, Get Fuzzy, peanut butter pancakes, going to the grocery store in our pjs, laughing, frisbee golf...I could go on and on! I also had the great privilege of being in Callie's wedding. It was so great to be a part of that exciting time in her life. Callie also blessed me by being in my wedding. I couldn't imagine the day without her. Cal, having you there was so wonderful! Thank you so much for spending your time and money to help to make my wedding day extra special!So, here's to you, Callie! Hope you had a wonderful birthday...wish we could be closer...but I think we would drive Tim crazy! ;) Thanks for always being there for me...I know I can always talk to you about anything. I love you friend!

6 comments:

Katie Virginia said...

I perked a tear...
seriously though, what a blessing friendship is. It is encouraging and refreshing to see how the Lord uses all circumstances for our good. Even living miles and miles apart.
Happy Birthday Callie :)

Mindy said...

Awww...I love her too! And I love the story of you two's friendship!

Callie said...

Wow! THank you so much, bert! You're such an amazing friend and I'm SO glad that God has called us to build together. All of those memories came flooding back while i read your post! I had forgotten about the tree friends. Remember how happy they were to see us? Like they were expecting us! Ha ha! We fooled them. Didn't we almost stop at a church yard sale too? We seriously had some time on our hands! We need to plan a girls' weekend soon... I'll start brainstorming. love you so much friend! Miss you!!!

meg said...

sniffle.
thanks for reaching out to my seester , snarfums. GOD BLESS US ALL!!
hey my birthday is in 5 months. i'll send you pictures if you want...

Kate Van said...

oh- happy b-day friend! i'm so glad that knowing Christ has kept us all together as friends . . . sometimes seems closer than relatives ;)

Kate Van said...

bek- hope you're doing well! how have the headaches been? praying for you girlie!