Thursday, January 3, 2008

And so it begins...

Or so I thought. I woke up this morning to start "real" life again. After two weeks of being home, seeing family, staying up till ungodly hours of the morning, sleeping in, ping-pong, family dinners, presents and friends, Bobby and I came back to Richmond yesterday to start "real" life again. I woke up this morning, got ready for work, and headed out into the freezing weather to make it to school on time. No time for Starbucks...or I'll be late. But when I got to work...a wonderful surprise awaited me...the power was out! YEE! No power...no school...day off! YAY! What a wonderful way to start "real" life! So I got to get my Starbucks, come home, snuggle with my baby(he was still in bed), do my devotions, send my love off to work, and now I am sitting down to finish my latest book with a delicious latte. After that, laundry, meal planning, grocery shopping, unpacking, more laundry, taking ornaments off of the tree, and cleaning up around here. I am so excited to have a full day to do all of this...instead of having to do little bits here and there. Anyway...hope you all have a wonderful day...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Isn't it fun to get a bonus day to get things done. :) Missed you at Christmas. I was there, where were *you*??~!!

Callie said...

Wow! Starbucks never closes! Once the power went out, and we had to stay and deep clean. So happy for you. That sounds like paradise!

abbey said...

Yay! It is such a good feeling to have an unexpected day off. Hope you get all your stuff done! Love ya girl.

Unknown said...

so when do you want to pay me for drivin all the way up there to cut those wires??